Wednesday, March 17, 2021

3 in 1

by Kay Heitsch

Many years ago, I was working at a Junior High School on St. Patrick's Day. I didn't know much about St. Patrick's Day at the time, but I was about to find out.
Whenever I worked at school, I always carried candy or something to give to the kids every day. On St. Patrick's Day, I took some shamrocks.
Much to my surprise, one of the Junior High girls asked me if I knew what the shamrock represented. Believe it or not, I didn't.
I found her explanation enlightening. She explained that the 3 leaves represented the Holy Trinity. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. (see 1 John 5:7)
Understanding how God can be 3 persons can be difficult. This young girl's way of explaining it was something I have never forgotten.

No comments: