Wednesday, March 3, 2021

He's Here!

by Kay Heitsch
I was getting excited! It was almost time to take a trip to babysit our 2-year-old grandson, Noah. The due date was getting near for the birth of his brother.
I was ready. I had my suitcase packed when I received the call. I put the bag in the car, and I started to drive.
I was about halfway there when my phone rang. It was our son-in-law, Joe. I wasn't expecting to hear what he announced, "He's here!" What? What do you mean he's here? I thought Shannon had just started labor. Joe filled me in on what had just happened.
While Shannon was getting ready to go to the hospital, Joe had taken Noah over to daycare. The daycare is only about 2 miles from their home. When Joe returned home, he found out Shannon had already given birth. Now, talk about a shocker!
Joe immediately called 911. Much to their surprise, the fire department and two ambulances showed up! All of these big burly men came up the stairs to help. Can you even imagine?
I'm happy to report that Shannon and Eli were in excellent shape when they arrived at the hospital. All was well.
Yes, he's here! Today is Eli's 10th birthday. We are so proud of the little boy he is. Eli is a special gift from God.

No comments: