Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Fixed My Vision

by Kay Heitsch

A lot of things broke my heart but fixed my vision. ~ Quotes ~
This quote has a lot of meaning for me. The heartbreak of Todd dying broke my heart, but amazingly with the help of the LORD, it fixed my vision. After that, I started to see life in a totally different way.
Things that had been a priority in my life now seemed insignificant. I started to notice people and take my time to help them. In the past, I was always in a big rush. Now life took on a different meaning.
One day I was grocery shopping. I happened to notice an elderly man who appeared to be confused. I stopped and asked if he needed help. I could see the hurt in his eyes. He thanked me and explained that his wife had recently died and he wasn't used to grocery shopping. Before I had gone through my painful experience, I doubt I would have even noticed him.
Our Bible verse says, Sometimes it takes a painful experience to make us change our ways. Proverbs 20:30 GNT
Unfortunately, sometimes it does take a painful experience to make us change our ways. But with the help of the LORD, we can be better for them.
A lot of things broke my heart but fixed my vision.

No comments: